Consumer confidence and positive brand recognition can swiftly be jeopardized in the event of a bacterial outbreak. Media scrutiny and consumer awareness regarding public health issues have increased the need for businesses to demonstrate "Good Practice". For example, studies have shown effective water management in buildings, cooling towers, swimming pools and spas can control the potential hazards posed by fecal bacteria and Legionella, which can impact large numbers of patrons.
Another area of major concern for leisure and hospitality companies is food safety. Food poisoning causes about 9,000 deaths per annum and over 76,000,000 reported cases in the USA alone. Approximately 25 % of these cases can be attributed to poor hygienic practices. By implementing proactive preventative systems and monitoring critical control procedures, companies can minimize risk while ensuring consumer health and satisfaction.
Hygiena products can quickly and accurately detect contaminants in under a minute. With "real-time" results, problem areas are quickly identified. Corrective action can then immediately be taken to ensure quality and safety are maintained with no disruption to business operations and consumers' leisure activities.
Hygiena's rapid hygiene monitoring tests are designed to be cost effective and easy to use, so employee training is minimal – saving valuable time and money.
BBC NewsNight - Top hotel rooms 'not properly cleaned'
A BBC investigation into the underpaying of cleaners who are employed by contractors Hotelcare to work at hotels in the Park Plaza chain has revealed that rooms are often not being cleaned properly because the room attendants are being pressured to clean too quickly.
Rapid hygiene monitoring systems help:
- Improve quality and safety
- Minimize risks from cross-contamination
- Train and motivate food handlers
- Reduce the risk of costly downtime and recalls
- Identify over-usage of cleaning chemicals
- Save time by providing instant feedback for immediate preventative action
- Decrease the reliance and costs of traditional laboratory tests
- Provide evidence of due diligence to protect the brand
- Ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Restaurants & catering
- Grocery store
- Cleanroom services
- Facilities management
- Lodging & guest accommodations
- Cruise ships
- Aviation hygiene and catering
- Health club/spa
- Theme parks